July 17, 2007

LA Experiences - Epidose 2

Its been four months since I have landed in Los Angeles and I have roamed around for quite some time, but I have only one entry on this blog about LA. So with a broken wish that will never again be fulfilled, here is a second list of itinerary before I forget what I did.

Of all the things that I have enjoyed here, the visit to Sixflags will unarguably be the best and unforgettable experience in my life. The roller coasters there rotated me in all the directions which my mom would have done while I was a baby. The rides Tatsu, Xtreme, Dejavu Superman, Riddler's Revenge etc gave an experince that was thrilling and unexpected. After the visit to Sixflags, the Universal Studios trip was not so exciting though there were some good shows like Waterworld and some rides like Mummy returns. And there was a trip to Sandiego for Seaworld and then again for Sandiego Zoo's Wild Animal Park. While the first was good, the latter was a waste of time and money. The list of parks was completed yesterday with a visit to Disneyland, it was a wonderful experience and for a kid its always "where dreams come true". The fireworks they have at the closing ceremony makes an experience of a lifetime. I did also visit the Peterson Auto Museum and Natural History Museum during this time.

Other than the the theme parks, my usual hang outs in LA have been restaurants. I have tasted quite a variety of food by now, thanks to my colleague who was generous enough to take all of us to these places. If I put the hierarchy of tastes I liked, it will be in the order - Thai, Italian, Chinese, Mexican and then American! Yeah, I also found that none of these tastes are as good, nor does have the variety that Indian food provides. I did taste Srilankan and Pakistani food also, but these are actually Indian food in different name!

The climate in LA now almost same as a typical Hyderabad climate during start of summer. But unlike in India where people wait for Summer to get over, everyone enjoy the climate here. They have special barbeques in offices on first day in summer - yeah summer has an official start date here!

It is less than two months for my date of departure, and I am eagerly waiting for it. But during this time I may go for a trip to Las Vegas though I feel its not a must see tour. So let me conclude this post with a punch line in Hollywood style, "Las Vegas, here I come!".

No comments: