April 06, 2008

Akkara Kazhchakal

If you ask, what is one advantage that I had being at US of A for sometime, its that I understood the sitcom Akkara Kazhchakal from Kairali TV better.



This one is from a team of Malayalees from New Jersey, and I have not enjoyed watching anything in the recent past. It has zero pretense of being a great show, the comedy is original since they do not copy from the slap stick authentic Malayalee versions, and quite obviously the episodes have the same standard and discipline of any good English sitcom.

I have liked all the characters and especially George for the ease with which he is doing the comedy. And most importantly, these people have changed my mindset created after seeing those programs made by Asianet USA that NRKs are people with no talents but interested in being shown on TV. Well, I cannot be blamed for the generalisation particularly after seeing that one full episode where the Mallu achayans and ammachis reviewed Idea star singer telling how they enjoyed it!

Subscribe to Akkara Kazhchakal here.

No comments: